There are many reasons why you may need to rent a conference room or day office. You may need to meet one-on-one with an important client, or you may need to do a vendor onboarding for all your new suppliers.
You could also need a larger space than you have at your office for employee team building training or a sales demonstration and event.
Finding the right space for your meeting is important, because if it’s too small, you end up with overcrowding. Too big, and it looks like a bunch of people didn’t show up for your event (even if they all did).
Even if you have a virtual office, holding in-person meetings from time to time is important because people still crave that personal connection that can’t be replicated in video calls.
Surveyed employees rate in-person meetings as the form of communication that makes them the happiest.
Considerations When Choosing Meeting Space That’s “Just Right”
Number of Attendees
One of the most important considerations when choosing the right meeting room rental is how many people will be attending. You want the space to be comfortable without any crowding, but also want to ensure you don’t get a larger space than you need.
Here are some typical room sizes at Tysons Office Suites to give you an idea of the options you have:
- 1 to 3-person meeting: Day office rental offers a single office space that makes sense for one-on-one and more personal meetings.
- Up to 6 people: A small meeting room can more comfortably accommodate small teams of up to 6 than a day office can.
- Up to 10 people: A mid-sized or training room space gives you more room to spread out without being too big for your group of up to 10.
- Up to 25 people: Larger conference rooms can more easily accommodate gatherings of up to 25 people without feeling overcrowded or stuffy.
- More than 25: If you have more than 25 people, then you may want to look into larger event spaces that have a stage and other amenities designed for large group gatherings.
Purpose of the Meeting
Are you meeting to do a sales presentation? In this case you may want to have a large screen at the front of the room.
Doing a virtual meeting event with speakers? Then you’ll want a meeting space with a stage and backdrop.
Training event or meeting? Then a conference room style setup will be most suitable for your needs.
You want to consider what the purpose of the meeting is first, then look for a space that fits those needs, rather than the other way around.
Length of the Meeting
A meeting of a couple of hours is going to have different meeting space needs than a 2-day vendor onboarding session.
The longer a meeting is scheduled for, the more need there will be for convenient restroom facilities, water, nearby food, and similar things that make a day-long meeting more comfortable.
Look for meeting room rental spaces that have the amenities you need to foster a happy meeting, one where people rave about the great lunch you all had, rather than complain there was no coffee anywhere to be found.
Here’s an example of some of the amenities we have here that make those longer meetings more comfortable:
- On-site café
- Right next to tons of great eating options at Tysons Galleria
- On-site fitness center
- Helpful staff that can assist with meeting setup
Location & Ease of Getting There
If you rent a conference room for a meeting that is out in the middle of nowhere or that takes a 40-minute drive to get to, you’re going to already start your meeting on a negative note, as many will have not had a great time getting there.
Look for meeting room rental that is:
- Convenient to public transportation (We have a free shuttle to Tysons metro station!)
- Has plenty of parking available on-site
- Is easy to find
- Is near a landmark or right off a main highway
How Well the Facility is Kept Up
You don’t want to invite your most important client to a meeting space that is outdated and has wallpaper peeling off the walls. Make sure the meeting space you choose is kept up well and looks modern and professional.
It’s always a good idea to visit the venue in person first before you book a meeting room there so you can check out the atmosphere that your attendees will be experiencing. This way you can ensure it’s going to match your expectations and the image you want to project.
Find Affordable Meeting Room Rentals of All Sizes at Tysons Office Suites
Tysons Office Suites offers everything from a day office rental to a large 25-person conference room. We also have multiple modern amenities to make your meetings enjoyable for everyone.
Contact us today to get started. Call 703-288-4001 or request a quote online.